Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Mower In The Making

Since I have trouble finding stuff to do sometimes I have to make stuff to do. Which usually ends up to be some wacky invention, like a threewheel scooter, a scooter with a motor, a no longer working bike. All kinds of weird things, I will come up with them. So I got bored and decided I wanted a go-cart or something along those lines. So I went down to my neighbors who has all kinds of junk, it was absolute heaven. I found a 60's Ford mower this was it, I could see it in the making. So I talked to my neighbor and he said I could have for nothing in return, I was pumped. So I brought it home (which wasn't easy), and started to disassemble it and grind off all the rust with a wire brush on my grinder. The next day I got up about 7:30 and finished the job. Then went to Dollar General and got some black and green spray paint (with my money). So I came home and primed and painted peice by peice coating everything twice. I then put it back together and it was ready to mount an engine onto. However I didn't excactly have one handy, or any money to get one. So I went down to my neighbors and found an old 8 horse egnine. It looked pretty pathetic though I had no high hopes. I spent hours working on it trying to get it to run, yet it seized to even fire. So know I have an old mower frame with a crappy engine and nothing else. However I plan to get it running before winter so I can plow driveways for some extra cash.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hopefully your next invention will work better.
75 percent of your inventions & Ideas work.
Have a great weekend


Tristen

Trent said...

Thanks Tristen, what about the other 25% though?

Anonymous said...

Once we tried making glow sticks witch did not work.
One time you tried switching something in are remote control cars
that didn't work. Cause you wanted to take something from mine to put on yours to make it look cool.


Tristen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea trent and you could always use the plow $ for other projects.

Keel

Trent said...

Okay Triter you got me there.

Anonymous said...

nice tman. I bet it was heaven, I think I know which neighbor you are talking about. Good luck, let me know if you ever get it running.
kelsey

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

Trent said...

Thank you, noon has ever said that